The IoT & LPWA Network Deployment Tracker is a spreadsheet-based report that tracks the rollout of low-power wide area networks (LPWAN) and other networks dedicated to providing communications for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- In 1Q18, 26 LPWA networks were announced, bringing the year-to-quarter total to 263 networks. New NB-IoT networks announcements took a breather in this quarter, after strong momentum in the past three quarters. Meanwhile, new Sigfox network announcements picked up pace to match that of NB-IoT and LoRaWAN.
- Year-to-quarter, half of all announced LPWA networks have gone live. And out of these live networks, the number of live NB-IoT networks (44) has overtaken the number of live LoRaWAN networks (37) for the first time to take the lead.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies LPWA and IoT public network announcements and which operators are involved.
- Summarizes LPWA and IoT networks by technology and segments the deployments by geography.
- Summarizes LPWA and IoT networks by status and which ones are planned, in trial, or commercially available.
Key questions answered
- Where are LPWA and IoT networks being launched?
- What LPWA and IoT network technologies are being chosen?
- Who are the operators of the LPWA and IoT networks?
- How many LPWA and IoT networks are there and how are the rollout dynamics changing over time?
- Which companies are backing these new LPWA and IoT network operations?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT & LPWA Network Deployment Tracker: 1Q18