RPA best practices are emerging as first movers and vendors alike evolve their RPA strategies, benefiting the broader enterprise landscape.
- Most organizations are still in the early stages of RPA adoption, with some in the trial phase and many still in the planning stages. This year, however, will be pivotal for RPA, particularly because of COVID-19.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the impact of intelligent automation on an organization.
- Discusses how COVID-19 is affecting RPA and automation strategies.
Key questions answered
- What are the current and expected states of enterprise RPA adoption?
- What are the key vendor and solution attributes enterprises are looking for?
Table of contents
Recommendations for vendors
Recommendations for enterprises
Though the market is still in the early stages of the RPA adoption curve, signs point to continued acceleration
It is still trial and error for many, while first movers pave the way
Best practices are emerging as RPA adoption becomes more widespread
Deciding to invest in RPA is a big step; a bigger one is deciding which processes to automate and how to automate them
Process discovery bots are gaining traction as enterprises better understand the ability and limitations of RPA
There is room for all types of automation