This is an update on the French telecoms market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, and OTT video services, as well as operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts.
- The French mobile market is maturing, with 133% penetration and 86.9 million connections in 2Q19, with 4.1% year-on-year (YoY) growth. The mobile subscription base is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3% between end-2018 and end-2024 (Ovum's Mobile Forecast 2019).
- Fixed–mobile convergence (FMC) is on the rise in France, with service providers enriching their offerings with new solutions. Free Mobile launched truly converged fixed–mobile device Freebox Delta, which can accommodate FTTH and 4G in one device, and switch between technologies for uninterrupted connection.
- More pay-TV providers are breaking into streaming TV services. According to Ovum, SFR's Play SVOD service is the third largest streaming service by number of viewers, behind Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed, mobile, pay-TV and OTT markets?
- What are the market shares of key players?
- How will revenue grow in the next five years?
- Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
Table of contents
Service provider trends
Download 1: France: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report