The growth in demand for fixed broadband connectivity is creating a sizable market opportunity for fixed wireless access (FWA) among underserved populations and in more developed markets that could drive take-up beyond current expectations.
- Ovum's calculations suggest the worldwide addressable market could grow to over 470 million households.
- 5G FWA will take fixed wireless to the next level, boosting speeds closer to 1Gbps and potentially expanding competition between FWA and fiber.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the size of a growing addressable market for fixed-wireless broadband and considers who is best placed to benefit.
- Discusses how 5G will impact the market for FWA and what additional capabilities it will provide.
Key questions answered
- How big will the addressable market for FWA become and where are the opportunities?
- How are large and smaller network equipment vendors addressing this market in terms of products and strategies?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for governments and regulators
FWA market opportunity
Market size for FWA
LTE is the dominant technology
FWA evolution and the expanding equipment market
Vendors' strategies for FWA are varied
Other FWA providers