Ovum's media and broadcast technology analysts attended IBC in Amsterdam in September 2019. We observed five major trends on the conference stage and in meetings with key media and broadcast-technology vendors.
- Moves toward self-service and do-it-yourself (DIY) technologies are on the rise.
- The emergence of media-consumption-based billing solutions.
- Advertising spend on workflow-centric managed services to witness an upsurge
Features and Benefits
- Identifies trends in the media and broadcast sector following IBC 2019.
- Evaluates the changing market dynamics and competitive landscape along with significant product, solution, and ICT services opportunities and primary developments.
Key questions answered
- What can we learn about trends in the media and broadcast market from IBC 2019?
- What are the notable enabling technologies, significant tier-1 vendor product roadmaps, and growth markets in the media and broadcast segment?
Table of contents
Building a cooperative value proposition is gaining momentum
The move toward self-service, and DIY technologies on the rise
Emergence of media-consumption-based billing solutions
Advertising spend on workflow-centric managed services to witness an upsurge
Push-pull syndrome to drive hybrid-cloud offerings in the next few years