There is a need for IT departments and agile practitioners to introduce a practical financial evaluation method that addresses their immediate funding requirements while also fitting within the "beyond budgeting" (BB) ambit.
- Some IT functions are finding it difficult to justify and fund agile initiatives because a traditional business mindset demands conventional and often bureaucratic business-case and budgeting methods. Agile methods and lean startup initiatives require agile and lean financing methods.
- Agile funding is directed at funding only the next iteration of a project. The decision to stop, change. or proceed is taken after each increment.
Features and Benefits
- Proposes an agile funding method for agile initiatives.
- The agile funding method can become a part of "beyond budgeting" because it conforms to BB principles
Key questions answered
- How do I get agile projects funded?
- Is there an agile funding method that fits agile principles?
- How do I implement agile funding in my organization?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Financing agile IT
Financing agile projects in a traditional way makes no sense
Proposing an AF method to finance agile projects
Using AF methods in agile and lean initiatives
Financial considerations for the cloud
Moving to the cloud is moving from capex to opex
Financing the cloud involves more than financial decisions
The sun needs to shine on shadow IT
Cloud-based IT changes more than just the funding model
Business responsiveness rather than cost should drive the cloud journey