This is an update of Etisalat Group's activities, covering mobile, fixed broadband, pay TV, operator initiatives, and consumer market trends.
- Etisalat's revenues declined by 3% year on year to reach AED12.9bn ($3.5bn) in 3Q17. EBITDA was down 3% year on year in 3Q17 at AED6.6bn ($1.8bn).
- In its home market, increased data usage in both mobile and fixed segments of the market allowed for continued revenue growth. Operations in Egypt have struggled in terms of revenues due to currency devaluation and in Pakistan operations are struggling to cope with increased competitive pressures.
- The group has been focused on innovation in its product and service offerings, and in optimizing its network in its home and international operations.
Features and Benefits
- Assess Etisalat's 3Q17 operational and financial performance.
- Analyze the groups strategic initiatives and key developments over the year to end-3Q17.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeding growth in Etisalat's markets over the next few years?
- What markets are proving to be the most challenging for Etisalat and why?
Table of contents
Download 1: Etisalat Group Update, March 2018