This is an update of Etisalat Group's activities, covering mobile, fixed broadband, pay TV, operator initiatives, and consumer market trends.
- Etisalat Group's revenues declined by 3% year on year (YoY) to AED13.03bn ($3.5bn) in 4Q18. Consolidated EBITDA also declined by 3% YoY to AED6.2bn ($1.7bn), with a stable EBITDA margin of 49%.
- The group's subscriber base has slightly increased, to 141 million, owing to subscriber acquisition in Morocco, Ivory Coast, Benin, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, and Pakistan. UAE is the group's key market, consistently contributing over 60% of its revenues. Its UAE operations also have the highest blended ARPU of all its operations. However, ARPU has decreased by 9% over the last two years due to the decline in traditional revenue streams amid the rise of OTT services.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Etisalat's 4Q18 operational and financial performance.
- Analyzes the group's strategic initiatives and key developments over the year to end-4Q18.
Key questions answered
- What markets are proving to be the most challenging for Etisalat and why?
- What initiatives are being taken by the group to tackle the challenges in its key markets?
Table of contents
Download 1: Etisalat Group Update, February 2019