This is one of a series of digital-operator profiles analyzing the digital strategies of leading global operators. It assesses Turkcell's digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of its digital businesses.
- Turkcell's revamped digital strategy, based on consumer lifestyle, has led to the development of new services, such as search engine Yaani, and new features on existing services. For B2C, Turkcell's strategy is to increase multiplay and reduce churn. For B2B Turkcell is actively building value propositions developed to meet the needs of corporates via increasing digital convergence.
- A new area of business for Turkcell is finance. In 2016 the group established consumer finance company Financell for handset financing, followed by digital payment platform Paycell in 2017.
- Turkcell's digital strategy has been successful in its core market; Turkcell's digital service revenues have grown by over 54% over the past year.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the importance of digital services for Turkcell Group.
- Evaluates Turkcell's digital strategy.
Key questions answered
- What is Turkcell's current digital strategy based on, and what activities have been carried out as per the strategy?
- What are Turkcell's short-term and long-term goals for digital development?
- How successful has Turkcell's implementation of its digital strategy been?
Table of contents
Turkcell's operational footprint spans five markets
Digital strategy development
Developing digital services
Sales channel transformation
Digital service development
Turkcell Teknoloji oversees digital service development
Turkcell B2C digital services
Turkcell B2B digital services
Latest digital activities
Digital strategy results
Digital revenue and prospects