This is one of a series of digital-operator profiles analyzing the strategies of leading global operators. It assesses Etisalat's digital strategy, digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of its digital businesses.
- Etisalat Group has revamped its strategy to reflect its digital ambitions; however, although Etisalat UAE has a very developed portfolio of digital services, due to the difference in execution strategies, not all products and services are available across the markets the group operates in.
- Network and connectivity are at the heart of Etisalat's digital strategy execution. Etisalat’s major achievement over the past year has been the launch of 5G commercial services in UAE.
- UAE will be the key market for Etisalat's digital services deployment and demonstration. Expo 2020 Dubai could stimulate economic as well as telecoms market growth, with several opportunities linked to smart city and smart government initiatives currently underway or planned.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the importance of digital services for Etisalat Group.
- Evaluates Etisalat's digital strategy.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers for digital services in Etisalat's key markets?
- What are Etisalat's short-term and long-term goals for digital development?
- How successful has Etisalat's implementation of its digital strategy been?
Table of contents
UAE sees slower economic growth, but positive short-term prospects
Etisalat is making efforts to imbibe its digital strategy
Digital strategy results
Slowdown in digital revenue growth
Increased customer base
Improved customer service metrics
Digital revenue and prospects