This is one of a series of digital-operator profiles analyzing the digital strategies of leading global operators. This profile assesses the CK Hutchison group's digital strategy, its digital-service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group’s digital businesses.
- In its home market, 3 Hong Kong has announced its plans for a series of network upgrades, including network “cloudification” (virtualization) and 5G trials, to enable the timely launch of services to address the digital demands of the 5G era.
- The Hutchison group has carried out several digital transformation projects focused on IT. Automation of internal processes and IT is deemed crucial in the transformation, to boost operational efficiency.
- Hutchison is developing digital services alongside promotions to drive service adoption. The operator is experiencing revenue challenges in many markets and is eager to develop new digital revenue streams.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the Hutchison group's digital service developments and deployments.
- Learn about the group's digital transformation projects.
- Learn about Hutchison's approach to digital collaboration.
Key questions answered
- Why does Hutchison feel the need to engage in digital transformation?
- How are the Hutchison networks evolving?
- What are Hutchison's key developments in digital services?
Table of contents
The urge for digital transformation
Digital transformation projects
Network evolution to embrace 5G
Digital service development
Digital customer care
Collaboration on building digital economy