This is one of a series of profiles analyzing the digital strategies of leading global operators. This profile assesses AT&T’s digital strategy, its digital service developments and deployments, and the performance of and prospects for the group’s digital businesses.
- AT&T invests in a variety of digital services that are adjacent to its core services, with its biggest focus in the areas of video, enterprise cloud services, M2M/IoT, advertising, and analytics.
- AT&T debuted a new skinny OTT video service, called WatchTV, that leans heavily on Time Warner content.
- As of end-2107, AT&T had 17.8m connected cars on its network, up 50.9% year on year from 11.8m at end-2016.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the challenges to subscriber growth of AT&T’s core services.
- Identify AT&T’s main focus areas for digital services.
- Evaluate AT&T’s digital services businesses in terms of strategy, partnerships, recent developments, and results.
Key questions answered
- What are AT&T’s main areas of focus in digital services?
- How have the different digital services been successful?
- How has the Time Warner acquisition affected AT&T’s digital services businesses?
Table of contents
Competitors in digital services
Digital services development
Digital services segments