This report identifies and analyses key findings from Ovum's 2019 Digital Consumer Trends to Watch survey: digital commerce. The survey was conducted among 6,201 consumers in China, France, Germany, Spain, the UK, and the US.
- Chinese consumers are hugely ahead of the payments curve: 47% use m-payment apps at least once a day compared to 12% of consumers other markets; while 15% of Chinese consumers make daily purchases using their AI voice assistant.
- 65% of consumers do not use mobile payments because it is easier to buy things with cash or cards. Contactless cards are now the preferred way to pay for things in physical stores (59%) with mobile apps a distant third (21%).
- Video services and free deliveries are still by far the most prized element of content and commerce bundles for Amazon Prime members and also for those that don’t subscribe to bundles of this kind.
Features and Benefits
- Understand consumer attitudes towards, and usage of mobile payments, voice commerce, content and commerce bundles.
- Learn about what consumers like and dislike about mobile payments, the types of goods and services they purchase.
- Understand how consumers are interacting with voice payments and advertising via AI assistants (e.g., Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant).
- Discover why Chinese consumers are ahead of the digital payments curve across multiple use cases.
Key questions answered
- What do consumers think about mobile commerce – how frequently do they use different types of application?
- How are people using AI powered voice payments – how are they responding to advertising on AI assistants?
- What worries consumers most about mobile payments – what is deterring take up and usage?
- What to consumers like and dislike about commerce and content bundles like Amazon Prime?
Table of contents
Download 1: Digital Consumer Insights 2019 Analysis: Digital Commerce