This report identifies and analyzes key findings from Ovum's 2019 Digital Consumer Trends to Watch survey, conducted among 6,201 consumers in six markets: China, France, Germany, Spain, the UK, and the US.
- The proportion of consumers that understand AI and see it as a positive development has increased to 40% in our 2019 survey. This is encouraging, as this group will be the early adopters of AI services and devices.
- Voice control is the main way that AI assistant users access music services (48%), displacing other forms of control or significantly reducing reliance on alternatives. There is a similar trend in the use of voice control for other services.
- The survey reveals 43% of respondents worry that AI will create a "Big Brother" society where their every move is tracked and monitored, while 29% of consumers fear AI will have a negative impact on their personal data privacy.
Features and Benefits
- Understand consumer attitudes to AI: How many see it as positive or negative, are undecided, or view AI as frightening?
- Learn about what consumers like and dislike about AI-powered voice assistants.
- Understand how AI consumers are using AI-powered voice payments.
- Discover why Chinese consumers are ahead of the AI learning curve and more receptive to AI use cases.
Key questions answered
- What do consumers think about AI and what concerns them most about AI?
- How are people using AI-powered voice control, and for what services?
- What worries consumers most about AI or makes them uncomfortable?
- How are consumers responding to AI-powered payments and advertising?
Table of contents
Download 1: Digital Consumer Insights 2019 Analysis: Consumer AI