This report analyzes the results of Ovum’s Digital Advertising Forecast, identifying the formats, devices, and geographies that will offer the greatest opportunities for revenue expansion over the next five years.
- Digital advertising growth continues to outpace the broader advertising market, with over 90% of digital growth between 2019 and 2024 to come from mobile amid growing smartphone penetration and usage.
- Rapid expansion in mobile advertising spend will drive its value above that of TV advertising in 2019, while mobile display advertising will become the single biggest display advertising medium for the first time in 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the results of Ovum’s Digital Advertising Forecast, which covers 67 individual markets plus regional forecasts.
- Identifies which digital ad formats (classifieds, paid search, video display, and other display) and devices (mobile, desktop, and nonmobile) offer the biggest growth opportunities over the next five years, and why this will be the case.
Key questions answered
- How will the geographic mix of digital ad spending change over the next five years?
- What factors will drive and inhibit growth in the classified, paid search, and display segments?
- What impact will growth in digital advertising spending have across the broader TMT value chain over the next five years?
- How are traditional media players looking to compete in a market increasingly dominated by Google, Facebook, and Amazon?
Table of contents
Download 1: Digital Advertising Forecast Report: 2019–24