Cox challenges the first ever billion-dollar damages award for copyright infringement.
- US ISP Cox Communications is challenging a $1bn damages award made against it by a Virginia federal court in December after a jury found the ISP guilty of copyright infringement.
Features and Benefits
- Details the appeal made by Cox to either reduce the damages award against it or hold a new trial.
- Explains the arguments made by Cox in its latest court filing.
Key questions answered
- Why does Cox believe the damages award made against it by a Virginia federal court in December should be reduced?
- What reasons were given by Cox for having the damages award lowered?
Table of contents
Cox fights back against the copyright infringement accusers
Group of music companies follow the BMG lead
Size of award aimed at punishing ISP