The report, COVID-19: Contact-Tracing Apps and Data Protection, provides comprehensive information and analysis of publicly announced initiatives by governments and regulators around the world in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic relating to digital contact-tracing strategies and the associated data protection and privacy considerations.
- Having weighed up the benefits of contact-tracing apps, many governments around the world have been actively promoting the development and use of them. Success has been seen in countries across Asia, such as South Korea and Singapore. Many more in Europe are starting to look toward app-based contact tracing, such as the UK, Germany and Norway, as they get over the peak of infections and look to allow citizens to start to go back to some form of normality while still tackling the virus.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the various approaches to digital contact tracing around the world
- Outlines the challenges related to contact tracing apps
Key questions answered
- How do the approaches to digital contact tracing vary by region?
- What are some of the key examples of governments rolling out contact tracing apps around the world?
Table of contents
Download 1: COVID-19: Contact-Tracing Apps and Data Protection