Communications provider revenue is expected to grow from $3,431bn in 2018 to $4,773bn in 2024, at a CAGR of 5.6%. Capex is expected to grow from $467bn in 2018 to $618bn in 2024, at a 5.1% CAGR.
- Revenue for the ICP and CNP markets is expected to grow at a 10.1% and 6% CAGR, respectively, over the next five years.
- CSPs will account for 45.3% of market revenue in 2024, descending from 57.4% in 2018.
- The ICP segment is expected to witness the fastest capex growth, growing from $111bn in 2018 to $212bn in 2024. CNP capex is expected to grow from $16bn in 2018 to $22bn in 2024, growing at a CAGR of 4.7%.
Features and Benefits
- Forecasts revenue and capex growth for four industry segments to 2024: fixed CSPs, mobile CSPs, ICPs, and CNPs.
- Analyzes where revenue and capex are growing, by region, country, and segment.
- Assesses importance of new markets relative to the CSP (telco) market.
Key questions answered
- Where are the best opportunities for vendors selling network infrastructure, software, and professional services to communications providers?
- How do growth prospects differ by market segment?
- What are the regional differences in revenue and capex growth rates and capital intensity?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider Revenue & Capex Forecast: 2019–24