4Q18 witnessed a rise in deal value to $49bn, driven by an increase in technology and media merger announcements. Europe and the US were the most active M&A markets in this quarter.
- The number of M&A deals announced in 4Q18 was 54, below the 3Q18 deal volume of 59 and significantly below the 4Q17 deal volume of 71.
- Aggregate M&A spending increased to $49bn in 4Q18. This was $20bn higher than 3Q18 aggregate spending, but below 4Q17 aggregate spending of $72bn.
- In 4Q18, the deal volume was highest for wireline (21 deals), technology (11 deals), and fiber optic (7 deals).
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How much M&A (deal value and number of deals) was conducted in the communications provider sector in 4Q18?
- What market trends are motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 4Q18 Review & Outlook