The number of M&A deals announced in 2Q19 was 52 – slightly above the 1Q19 deal volume of 49 and significantly below the 2Q18 deal volume of 64. The quarter witnessed lower M&A volume in the US and Latin America.
- Aggregate M&A spending increased to $29bn in 2Q19. This was $15bn above 1Q19 aggregate spending, but significantly below 2Q18 aggregate spending of $109bn.
- In 2Q19, the industry segments with the highest M&A deal value were fiber optic, wireline, and towers.
- In 2Q19, the industry segments with the highest M&A deal volume were wireline, mobile, and fiber optics.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How many M&A deals were announced in the communications provider sector in 2Q19?
- What was the aggregate M&A deal value in 2Q19?
- What market trends have been motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 2Q19 Review & Outlook