Comcast’s main segments of operation include broadband, pay TV, fixed voice and home security. It also started competing in the wireless segment in 2017. Comcast is the largest fixed broadband provider in the US, and the second-largest pay-TV provider.
- Comcast successfully bid against Fox to acquire pan-European British media and telecommunications company Sky in October 2018.
- Comcast calls itself an “aggregator of aggregators,” as it has been integrating Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and other content into its X1 video platform.
- Comcast plans to introduce an NBCUniversal streaming TV service in 2020 to compete with the growing number of services in this segment.
Features and Benefits
- Compare Comcast to its peers across a variety of financial benchmarks.
- Learn about Comcast’s subscription trends, as well as market share trends.
- Learn about Comcast’s strategic initiatives, including acquiring pan-European media company Sky, planning an NBCUniversal streaming service, and integrating a growing amount of third-party content into its X1 TV platform.
Key questions answered
- What are the key developments with Comcast’s main products and services?
- What are Comcast’s current strategic initiatives?
- How does Comcast measure against its peers across a variety of financial benchmarks?
Table of contents
Download 1: Comcast Update, February 2019