An update on CK Hutchison Group's telecom operations, covering financial performance, market dynamics, key developments, and strategy, as well as the operator's latest product and service launches.
- CK Hutchison’s telecoms business had a good 1H18. Its total revenues increased across its telecom businesses year on year in 1H18. 3 Group Europe revenue and EBITDA were 8.8% and 13.7% higher, respectively, year on year in 1H18. All 3 Group Europe operations had positive EBITDA less capex in 1H18.
- CK Hutchison completed the acquisition of an additional 50% stake in Wind Tre Italy from Veon in September 2018, and now owns 100% of Wind Tre. In May 2017, Three UK acquired UK Broadband, which provides wireless home and business broadband services. Hutchison Drei Austria completed the takeover of 100% of the fixed-line operator Tele2 Austria in November 2017.
- In August 2018, Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) and TPG Telecom Limited (TPG) have agreed a to merge in Australia. CK Hutchison sold its fixed-line business in Hong Kong to I Squared Capital in October 2017. CK Hutchison and Emirates Telecommunications (Etisalat) agreed to merge their Sri Lankan mobile businesses in 1H18.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Hutchison's current market position and strategy for improvement.
- Analyzes Hutchison's performance, recent developments in the market, and the operator's strategic initiatives.
- Benchmarks Hutchison's financial performance against other major operators worldwide.
Key questions answered
- How has the company performed in recent quarters?
- What were some of the key product launches of the last six months?
- What is the revenue market share of each of the group’s businesses?
Table of contents
Download 1: CK Hutchison Group Update, November 2018