This is a multi-country telecoms update covering Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama. It includes operator and market KPIs, along with various operators’ initiatives and their progress in subscriptions and technologies.
- This report contains country-by-country analysis focusing on market developments, KPIs and demographics, mobile subscription share, and multiplay service analysis.
- Central America’s telecoms market is prepaid-heavy, with an average postpaid subscription share of 17%. The market has the potential for growth, but factors such as spectrum delays, low household incomes, and economic slowdown have caused growth to be slower than expected.
- Mobile subscriptions in Central America stood at around 66 million at end-4Q17.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about key market developments in the telecoms, TV, and OTT video markets in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.
- Learn about the market dynamics in the telecoms market, as well as trends in technology migration and regulatory actions.
Key questions answered
- How is the Central American telecoms market shaping up, and what are the factors contributing to its progress?
- What are the key developments in the telecoms, TV, and OTT video segments?
Table of contents
Download 1: Central America: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report