This is an update of the Bahrain market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, operator initiatives, consumer market trends, and regulation. It includes subscription and revenue forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- Bahrain has one of the most impressive broadband penetration growth rates globally. The increase in uptake is due to TRA's decision to deregulate retail and wholesale fixed broadband access markets for residential users. At end-3Q18, Bahrain had 3.5 million mobile subscriptions and 0.54 million fixed broadband subscriptions.
- There has also been an increase in the adoption of over-the-top (OTT) services in the country, driven by increased broadband connectivity and smartphone penetration.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Bahrain's ICT market
- Evaluates the mobile, fixed, and TV industry in Bahrain.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
Table of contents
Service provider trends
Download 1: Bahrain: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report