The recorded-music sectors in the US and Canada are continuing to feel the benefit of rising consumer use of streaming services.
- Consumption figures for the first six month of this year for both countries show streaming gains have more than offset declines in the sales of physical and digital formats.
Features and Benefits
- Details recorded-music consumption in the US and Canada for the first six months of this year.
- Assesses consumption and sales by format and stream as well as sales by genre.
Key questions answered
- What share of US recorded-music consumption in the US came from audio streaming in the first six months of this year?
- What is the most popular music genre in the US and Canada?
Table of contents
US recorded-music consumption shift continues
Canada registers similar growth patterns to the US
Streaming boosting R&B/hip-hop sales