Omdia has published a report on zero-trust access, a class of secure remote access technology emerging to address the greater performance demands, not to mention the security challenges, of enterprise applications moving into or being developed natively for the public cloud.
- We believe ZTA will gradually replace traditional virtual private network (VPN) technology, which was developed for a world in which all corporate applications lived on a company’s premises.
Features and Benefits
- Describes the two flavors of ZTA and how each works.
- Explains why VPN technology is challenged by cloud.
Key questions answered
- What is software-defined perimeter and what are its main advantages?
- How is identity-aware proxy different and what are its advantages?
Table of contents
VPNs start to creak under the strain of cloud
Zero-trust access arises to replace VPNs
SDP and other means of delivering ZTA
Omdia Market Radar: Zero Trust Access