With strong growth in spending on consumer and entertainment services distributed via 5G networks expected from the early 2020s, this report evaluates the key opportunities and challenges in the global transition to 5G.
- By 2025, we expect spending to surpass $145bn as 5G penetration of mobile subscriptions exceeds 40% in most major markets, and as the differentiated capabilities of 5G networking become increasingly apparent in evolved mobile use cases.
Features and Benefits
- Provides forecasts of revenues generated by consumer and entertainment services delivered and enabled by 5G.
- Understand the difference between the hype around 5G use cases and the near-term reality, where networks take time to deploy and mature particularly when introducing differentiated capabilities.
Key questions answered
- How big is the revenue opportunity for for 5G video, games, cloud gaming, music, advertising, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR) to 2024?
- Which countries will be the leaders in 5G in terms of consumer connection growth?
Table of contents
Download 1: 5G: Key Opportunities and Challenges in Consumer and Entertainment