Eighteen operators had launched 5G services by the end of June 2019. Six operators did not introduce new tariffs and only six unveiled new 5G-enabled digital media services.
- Premiums for 5G over 4G range from zero to over 35%, but in some cases, 5G plans can be even cheaper than LTE ones.
Features and Benefits
- Captures 5G plan details of the first CSPs to commercialize 5G – providing key insights into "what's new" in the mobile bundle.
- Benefits CSPs yet to turn on 5G by providing 5G plans inclusions to help guide how to price for 5G.
Key questions answered
- What charging strategies have been deployed for 5G?
- What operators have launched speed tiers for 5G versus "do nothing" versus adding a bolt-on charge (e.g., $10 a month) for 5G?
Table of contents
Download 1: 5G Consumer Broadband Pricing: 2Q19