This research tracks the key global 5G developments during the quarter, which saw an acceleration of 5G launches from companies including SK Telecom, LC Uplus, Vodafone, Etisalat, Sprint, and Verizon.
- Tele2 and Bite will form a network-sharing joint venture in Latvia and Lithuania that will cover infrastructure sharing in current networks, spectrum sharing, and future build-out of 5G.
- Vodafone Italy launched the country's first commercial 5G network in five cities. The service is available at no additional cost for consumers who are on 5G-ready offers (RED Unlimited Smart, RED Unlimited Black, Shake it Easy, and the Vodafone One Pro offer).
Features and Benefits
- Identifies what the main 5G developments were in 2Q19.
- Tracks key developments in the main areas shaping 5G globally.
- Describes new 5G services and technologies introduced in 2Q19.
Key questions answered
- What were the main 5G developments during 2Q19?
- How is 5G developing globally?
Table of contents
Service provider developments