2020 will be a year of continued growth across the RPA market, but most enterprise RPA implementations will be trials with a handful of bots rather than at-scale deployments.
- Bringing AI to RPA offerings and processes opens the door to front-office automations and takes organizations a step closer to automating processes with unstructured data. Change management will be increasingly critical as RPA permeates the front office.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the RPA market and driving forces expected to impact the space throughout 2020.
- Provides recommendations for enterprises and RPA vendors alike.
Key questions answered
- Are enterprises planning to invest in RPA trials, implementations, and scale-outs in 2020?
- What is the impact of AI on the potential uptake of RPA?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for RPA vendors
Vendors’ goals of enterprise-wide RPA deployments will remain lofty in 2020
While vendors report strong growth, revenue bases remain small, and will not reach true scale in 2020
Bringing RPA deployments to the front office will be critical to vendors’ RPA at scale initiatives
RPA and AI will come together for intelligent process automation
Process automation is beneficial even at its most basic level
Bringing AI into the equation opens the door for more processes to be automated
Upskilling and professional services will be critical to RPA adoption in 2020
RPA generates fears of job losses
Consultancies will be critical to the success of RPA deployments and vendors alike