This report identifies key trends that Ovum expects will shape the development of the telecoms, media, and technology market in Latin America in 2020.
- The competitive landscape will become more complex in 2020. Telefónica's decision to reevaluate its operations in Latin America, Brazilian operator Oi's potentially selling its mobile unit, and a new competitor in Colombia will impact the scenario for 2020.
Features and Benefits
- Explains how economic and regulatory uncertainty may hinder development in the region.
- Highlights how bridging the digital divide is a priority for Latin America.
Key questions answered
- How does 5G fit in the wireless market in Latin America?
- What are the gaps in infrastructure in the telecoms market in Latin America?
- What are the models that are most likely to be used in the region?
Table of contents
Addressing the digital divide, a key priority for Latin America in 2020
Addressing the digital divide
Spectrum a key starting point
Political changes affect regulatory and economic landscape
Political crisis is impacting economic activity and investor confidence
Latin America is getting ready for 5G, but LTE proves to be the workhorse of the wireless market.
The year 2020 will be one of preparation for 5G
LPWA networks will open new possibilities