This report presents Ovum's annual review of major trends that will impact the wholesale market in the coming year, together with a look back at some of the key trends that were identified in previous editions.
- Ovum expects to see increased collaboration between carriers to support complex end-to-end retail services.
- Digital transformation will come to wholesale.
- Agility, responsiveness, and flexibility will be key to wholesale success.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies three trends that will significantly impact the wholesale market during 2019.
- Reviews the impact of a number of trends identified in previous Wholesale Trends to Watch reports.
- Recommends the actions wholesalers should take to prepare for and respond to these market developments.
Key questions answered
- What major market trends are going to impact telecoms wholesalers during 2019?
- What actions must wholesalers take to benefit from the opportunities presented by changes in the market?
Table of contents
Recommendations for wholesalers
Recap of previously highlighted Trends to Watch
Wholesale market trends identified for 2018
Other previously identified market trends remain important
Increased carrier collaboration to support end-to-end retail services
The wholesale market is built on relationships
More collaborative work between carriers will help to resolve common issues and support cross-carrier services
Digital transformation will come to wholesale
New wholesale services and business models depend on effective transformation
Wholesale customers' rising expectations demand change
Agility, responsiveness, and flexibility will be key to wholesale success
Wholesalers continue to fall short of customer expectations
Early signs of improvement must become widespread