CIOs must respond to business changes with a fit-for-purpose IT operating model; they need to accommodate shadow IT; and they need to track and evaluate emerging technologies for their usefulness to their organization.
- CIOs need to focus on their role and on delivering IT at the speed of business. They need to bring shadow IT into the fold and take credible positions on emerging technologies.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the new IT operating model for agile and disruptive environments.
- Understand the three types of shadow IT, and learn how to deal with them.
Key questions answered
- What are the key challenges for CIOs in the near future?
- How do CIOs deliver IT at the speed of business, at all levels?
- How do I deal with shadow IT?
- How do I keep up with emerging technologies?
Table of contents
Recommendations for the CIO
Recommendations for vendors
Ongoing trends: providing IT at the speed of business change
Establish the new role of IT in the organization
Manage operational delivery and new technologies
Incoming trends: dealing with shadow IT
Provide for shadow IT inside the organization
Establish IT as the arbiter of data for the organization
Strengthen cybersecurity in the organization and at the edge
Upcoming trends: managing expectations of emerging technologies
Establish a position for emerging technologies
Take comprehensive positions and develop strategies for RPA, AI, Edge, and IoT