Ovum's ICT Enterprise Insights program, based on interviews with around 7,000 senior IT executives, answers key questions concerning enterprises' needs at a country and industry level. This brief focuses on the top findings from this program for the retail payments industry.
- Some 77% of card-issuing institutions and merchant acquirers plan to increase their IT spending in the coming year. Projects relating to product development, marketing, and security are the highest priority for the industry overall.
- Real-time payments will be one of the leading drivers of activity in 2019. At a global level, 40% of all banks and acquirers see this as a top three project priority for the year ahead.
- Over half of all banks report to be trialing or planning to implement new solutions in key operational areas via SaaS in 2019. Payment hub and orchestration platforms are a particular focus area.
Features and Benefits
- Understand where the industry plans to invest for the year ahead, and respond accordingly.
- Learn where to watch for the most rapid innovations on top of real-time payments infrastructure.
- Benchmark your cloud strategy against the industry's current thinking around SaaS in payments.
Key questions answered
- What are the key ICT investment priorities in the retail payments space in 2019?
- What impact will real-time payments infrastructure have on shaping new product launches in the coming year?
- How are the views of issuing banks and merchant acquirers evolving when it comes to SaaS?
Table of contents
Download 1: 2019 ICT Enterprise Insights in the Retail Payments Industry