The entire optical communications value chain will be affected by the sanctions levied against ZTE. ZTE is a leading equipment manufacturer in China, sells worldwide, and purchases optical components from vendors around the globe.
- ZTE is already losing market share in the optical networking and PON markets outside of China. This, in turn, impacts its component and subcomponent suppliers.
- In optical networking, US component and subcomponent suppliers are losing revenues due to the sanctions against ZTE. Non-US suppliers will be gaining those lost US revenues.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how much market share ZTE is likely to lose, and where.
- Identifies which optical component and subcomponent suppliers will be most impacted, and which suppliers are likely to benefit.
Key questions answered
- What has been ZTE's market share in the optical networking market? How much share is it likely to lose and to whom?
- What has been ZTE's market share in transport and routing? How much share is it likely to lose and to whom?
- What has been ZTE's market share in PON? How much share is it likely to lose and to whom?
- Which optical component and subcomponent suppliers are impacted?
Table of contents
Outcome scenarios become complicated, quickly
ZTE is already losing market share
Component market – US loses, China and others will gain