The adoption of software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) technology offers clear cost and flexibility advantages for enterprises with large, distributed branch networks. In this report Zscaler explains how it approaches the SD-WAN security challenge.
- Ovum has been investigating how SD-WAN providers are providing security to underpin their offerings. We find three distinct groups of vendors converging in this market.
Features and Benefits
- Explains why WAN optimization vendors are getting into SD-WAN.
- Explains how some security vendors compete head-on with SD-WAN providers while others complement their offerings.
Key questions answered
- Does Zscaler compete in SD-WAN?
- How does Zscaler deliver security to branch offices in an SD-WAN scenario?
Table of contents
Security as an add-on versus an all-in-one box
Most SD-WAN providers can send traffic to Zscaler
Cloud offers scalable compute and central updating
SD-WAN routers forward traffic to Zscaler through tunnels