The World Cellular Handset Tracker (WCHT) tracks smartphones on sale via operators’ online stores across 63 operators in Ovum’s 20 tier 1 countries. This report examines the major trends seen in the WCHT.
- The bundling of handsets with service contracts is still a very popular sales model, particularly in Western Europe and the Middle East where it is more common than device financing schemes.
- Xiaomi making strides with European operators and is now sold by 73% of the European operators examined.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the different handset offerings across major operators in the most important markets
- Examines the different handset portfolios of the various handset brands and the price tiers that each brand likes to sell in.
Key questions answered
- How does the total cost of ownership for smartphones vary by region?
- Where are smaller smartphone displays most popular?
Table of contents
Download 1: World Cellular Handset Tracker Report: 3Q19