WMG has reported financial details for the final quarter (July to September) and full 2018 financial year (October to September). Total revenue for the company increased year-on-year for the 12th consecutive quarter and third successive year, with recorded-music and music publishing registering gains in both the three- and 12-month periods.
- The company registered net income for the third year in a row and ended the financial year with more than $500m in cash.
Features and Benefits
- Details the final-quarter and full-year financial results published by WMG.
- Examines revenue by source for the recorded-music and music-publishing units.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music revenue for WMG was generated from streaming in the year to September 2018?
- Which were the best-selling artists for WMG in the latest financial year?
Table of contents
Record financial year for WMG
Music publishing results