The wireline broadband access equipment forecast covers equipment volumes (ports for PON and xDSL and channels for CMTS/CCAP), ASPs, and revenue for PON, xDSL + Gfast, and CMTS/CCAP.
- PON equipment continues to drive the forecast, with a CAGR of 3.6% from 2019 to 2024. PON equipment revenue is forecast to approach $8.1bn in 2023.
- Total xDSL+Gfast equipment revenue is forecast to decline further, with a CAGR of -5.7% from 2019 to 2024, even though Gfast equipment revenue increases.
- CMTS/CCAP equipment revenue is forecast to remain strong, reaching $1.2bn in 2024 with a CAGR of 2.4% from 2019.
Features and Benefits
- Summarizes the detailed wireline access equipment market forecast, which covers fiber-based, copper-based, and coax-based equipment for each major region, subregion, and China.
- Assesses the major shift toward next-gen PON, encompassing 10G GPON, 10G EPON, NG-PON, and 25G/50G PON.
- Analyzes the shift toward CMTS/CCAP 3.1 and next-gen DOCSIS, including Full Duplex DOCSIS 3.1 and Extended Spectrum.
Key questions answered
- What is the outlook for PON equipment by type and by region? When will next-gen PON equipment represent over 50% of revenues and ports? Which regions are leading the upgrades?
- What is the outlook for WDM PON for 5G transport applications? How large is the market opportunity?
- What will be the adoption rate for next-gen CMTS/CCAP? Where will next-gen CMTS/CCAP dominate?
- Will Gfast equipment offset the decline in xDSL equipment? Which regions are adopting Gfast?
- Will China's dominant consumption of PON equipment abate over time? What happens in other regions regarding consumption of PON equipment?
Table of contents
Download 1: Wireline Broadband Access Equipment Forecast (PON, xDSL + Gfast, CMTS/CCAP): 2019–24