This report is the first in a series of reports on the role of AI in network operations. It provides information on the drivers for the adoption of AI, and highlights examples of AI network operations use cases currently deployed by CSPs.
- Growing network complexity is driving the need for CSPs to automate network operations.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the key drivers for the adoption of AI in managing CSP network operations
- Provides insights into the varied set of possible AI use cases CSPs can deploy
Key questions answered
- Why do CSPs require AI with their network operations?
- What AI use cases can CSPs deploy to improve network operations?
Table of contents
Recommendations for CSPs
Recommendations for vendors
Growing network complexity drives the need for automation in CSPs
Growing network traffic
CSPs are deploying next-generation networks
Automation will be critical to the management of CSP next-generation networks
AI brings a data-driven approach to scale automation of CSP network operations
AI use cases to improve CSP network operations
CSPs face multiple challenges with network operations
AI use cases that CSPs can apply to improve network operations
Ovum's taxonomy of AI algorithms