Many of VoLTE’s early problems have been addressed and services are poised for significant growth. The next set of challenges relate to VoLTE's expanding role in the network.
- The growth of IoT promises to massively expand the role for VoLTE as voice extends beyond person-to-person communications.
- New cloud-native core network architectures can provide the support needed for VoLTE’s expanding role
Features and Benefits
- See VoLTE’s progress to date and expectations for the future growth of services.
- Understand how and why operators are moving towards cloud-native VoLTE deployments
Key questions answered
- What will the expanding role be for VoLTE in future networks?
- What plans should service providers be making for 5G voice services?
Table of contents
VoLTE connections expected to accelerate
Virtualization and the move to cloud native
VoLTE support extends to M2M and IoT
Transitioning from VoLTE to VoNR