An update on Vodafone Group's telecoms operations, covering financial performance, market dynamics, key developments, and strategy, as well as the operator's latest product and service launches.
- For the year ending March 2019 (FY18–19), Vodafone Group's revenue fell 3.2% YoY to €45.1bn ($50.1bn), and its service revenue fell 4.5% to €39.2bn. Revenue fell by 1.8% YoY in Europe and 8.1% in the Rest of the World segment.
- Vodafone agreed to acquire Liberty Global's operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania for an enterprise value of €18.4bn in May 2018, EC approved it on 18 July 2019 based on the remedies designed to ensure that customers will continue enjoying fair prices, high-quality services and innovative products.
- Vodafone to roll out 5G to over 50 cities in nine markets by end of March 2020. In the markets where it already launched 5G (UK, Italy, and Spain), Vodafone has introduced speed-tiered unlimited-data mobile tariffs.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Vodafone's current market position and strategy for improvement.
- Analyzes Vodafone's performance, recent developments in the market, and the operator's strategic initiatives.
- Benchmarks Vodafone's financial performance against other major operators worldwide.
Key questions answered
- How has the company performed in recent quarters?
- What were some of the key product launches of the last six months?
- What is the revenue market share of each of the group's businesses?
Table of contents
Download 1: Vodafone Group Update, August 2019