This is an update of Vodacom Group's activities, covering mobile, fixed broadband, operator initiatives, and consumer market trends.
- Vodacom Group's revenue grew by 4.6% YoY in 2Q18, supported by strong growth in customer numbers, data, and mobile money service uptake across the footprint markets.
- The group's active data subscriptions were up 14.96% YoY to 37.91 million at end-June 2018, compared to 32.97 million in the previous year. The growth was supported by increased data proposition and 3G and 4G data coverage across the footprint markets.
- Vodacom's M-Pesa service recorded 26% growth in the number of users to 12.7 million at end-June 2018, with more than half of the customers (6.8 million) being in Tanzania.
Features and Benefits
- Presents an update of Vodacom Group's operational and financial performance in 2Q18 in comparison to 2Q17.
- Analyzes the group's activities and strategies to drive growth across its footprint markets.
Key questions answered
- What was Vodacom Group's performance in 2Q18 compared to 2Q17?
- What were the drivers of Vodacom Group's strong growth in 2Q18?
Table of contents
Download 1: Vodacom Group Update, September 2018