Vivendi is looking to sell a big slice of UMG to the highest bidder, at a time when streaming is making the music business a very attractive proposition indeed.
- There is much speculation regarding possible acquirers, with both private-equity firms and media corporations thought to be in the frame.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest developments in the sale of a 50% stake in UMG by parent company Vivendi.
- Examines who the likely suitors will be.
Key questions answered
- Why is Vivendi selling a 50% stake in UMG?
- Which companies are in the frame to buy the available stake?
Table of contents
Buying into the world's biggest recorded-music company
Cashing in when the going is good
Managing the sale with minimum disruption