This is an update of Vietnam’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, and TV/video market outlook.
- Mobile subscriptions continued to grow slowly in 2017 despite over 100% penetration. Fixed broadband, with 55% household penetration, is increasing rapidly with more than 20% growth.
- LTE has been widely deployed in 2017, and all five mobile operators have now been granted a 4G license. However, 2G is still the main technology and is used by more than half of total subscribers.
Features and Benefits
- Compares the performance of major operators in the market.
- Evaluates the growth opportunities in the OTT industry.
Key questions answered
- How has the telecom market evolved over the last few years?
- What are the key challenges brought by new players?
Table of contents
Download 1: Vietnam Update, April 2018