More artists are turning to video games to provide an opportunity for live performance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hugely popular titles such as Minecraft and Fortnite are increasingly hosting music events within their gaming environments, with more in the pipeline.
Features and Benefits
- The research note looks at the latest moves by games platforms to host live music events.
- The note explains which platforms have been most successful so far and how the sector could develop going forward.
Key questions answered
- Which online video game platforms are making most of the early running in the live music space.
- What is key to staging a successful live performance in a games platform?
Table of contents
Minecraft and Fortnite offering a lifeline for live performance
Gaming world boosted by the current pandemic
Figure 1: Global video games revenue by source, 2019–24
More than just an onstage performance