Describing IT activities and roles in five layers is a useful way of showing how IT operates or should operate. This helps CIOs describe what IT does and why it does it.
- A new way of describing IT activities that increases executive understanding, helping them to make rational decisions about IT resources, funding, and prioritization.
- Establishes a foundation for IT budgeting, benefits description, and IT project prioritization.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a communication tool that simplifies IT and dramatically increases non-IT executives' understanding of IT operations, roles, and activities.
- Introduces the concept of momentum and the five layers associated with it.
- Provides the foundation for IT budgeting, prioritization and benefits realization.
Key questions answered
- How can all of IT's activities be described in one simple model?
- How can IT projects be rationalized for compliance and infrastructure?
Table of contents
What business really wants from IT
Every organization has momentum
Five layers and organizational momentum