Total US wireless connections stood at 473.66 million at end-4Q18, up from 465.55 million at end-3Q18 and 458.32 million at end-2Q18. Prepaid subscribers fell to 75.80 million at end-4Q18 from 75.99 million at end-3Q18 but up from 75.76 million at end-2Q18.
- A current trend in the prepaid segment is a promotion by multiple operators of four free phones with four new lines of service.
- A current trend in the prepaid segment is operators wanting bring your own device (BYOD) as an option, but not the only option, for their customers.
- A current trend in the prepaid segment is sub-brands of major operators emphasizing their ties to parent networks.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about prepaid subscriber year-on-year growth trends by major US operator.
- Compare total, postpaid, and prepaid subscriber and market share trends by operator, year on year.
- Compare US operator KPIs and major activities in the quarter, especially as they relate to prepaid.
Key questions answered
- What is the customer segment mix by US operator in 3Q18 and 4Q18?
- How did prepaid churn rates in 3Q18 and 4Q18 compare across US operators and how have they changed over the past five quarters?
- What are the developments in the area of BYOD?
Table of contents
Download 1: US Prepaid Update, March 2019