The US is home to a mature mobile market, with 457 million subscriptions at end-2Q18. Mobile subscription count is forecast to grow 6.3% between end-2018 and end-2022, while that of fixed broadband is forecast to grow 10.6% over the same period and that of pay TV to fall 4.2% between end-2018 and end-2023.
- LTE is expected to peak in 2021 in the US and begin to decline as 5G begins to make inroads.
- Verizon is set to imminently launch fixed 5G.
- Programming costs force OTT video service prices up.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about key market developments in the telecoms, TV, and OTT video markets in the US.
- Learn about the market dynamics in the telecoms market, as well as trends in technology migration and regulatory actions.
- Compare multiplay service categories offered by major US service providers.
Key questions answered
- What is the outlook for subscriptions and revenues in each market segment – mobile, fixed, and TV?
- For mobile, fixed, and TV market segments, what is the five-year technology outlook?
- What are the key developments in telecoms, TV, and OTT video segments?
Table of contents
Download 1: US: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report