UK music trade group the BPI and retailers' association ERA have reported respective growth in music consumption and retail sales, with streaming the main driver for both.
- The total number of streams served topped the 100 billion mark for the first time, boosting the number of streaming equivalent albums (SEAs) past 100 million.
Features and Benefits
- Details recorded-music consumption and retail figures for 2019 as compared with 2018.
- Examines consumption and sales by source, with figures published by both groups.
Key questions answered
- What were the two main streaming milestones in the BPI and ERA recorded-music consumption and sales figures for 2019?
- What share of retail sales in the UK last year came from music subscriptions?
Table of contents
Audio streaming breaks the 100 billion mark
Vinyl LP and audiocassette revival continues
Five straight years of rising recorded-music retail sales